Wimbledon
I made it to Wimbledon! It was such a dream come true. I lined up at 6:30 am in the morning and managed to get ground passes. OK so they weren't centre court tickets but I wasn't going to line up by myself over night.
I saw two matches, both women's tennis matches. Elena Dementieva against someone and Anna Myskina against someone. Both won their matches. I had my strawberries and cream as well. I REALLY wanted to see Juan Carlos Ferrerro play his match, but of course that one got rained out! :( But oh well.... what can you expect? He did walk by though. He was a few feet away and I just stood their open mouthed. I couldn't believe it. My reaction time was too slow, or I would have had a nice photo.
The next day I didn't do much, but Lisa and I went out that night and met Lorraine, Jon, Sharon, and Iain for drinks which was fun.
On Sunday, I went shopping for a dress as I have to go to my cousin's wedding soon. And then on Monday, I went to Harrods and shopping again. So that was my trip in a nutshell basically.
Wimbledon was fabulous though - everything I thought it would be!
So for Canada Day, we went to an Aussie pub. It was OK, but not great. Firstly everyone there was really young and secondly there weren't as many people as I thought. So it wasn't great. And I kept thinking that Canada Day should be about BBQs. But I got my wish because the next day I went to a BBQ party which was great. We also watched Live Aid and generally had a good time.
On Sunday we went to a hurling match, which was fun. It was Kilkenny against Wexford and Kilkenny won! Yeah!
I am going to Oxegen tonight. It's a big music festival and basically you have to camp. Ask me why I'm going? Can you imagine portaloos for 3 days? Yikes! Wish me luck!
I saw two matches, both women's tennis matches. Elena Dementieva against someone and Anna Myskina against someone. Both won their matches. I had my strawberries and cream as well. I REALLY wanted to see Juan Carlos Ferrerro play his match, but of course that one got rained out! :( But oh well.... what can you expect? He did walk by though. He was a few feet away and I just stood their open mouthed. I couldn't believe it. My reaction time was too slow, or I would have had a nice photo.
The next day I didn't do much, but Lisa and I went out that night and met Lorraine, Jon, Sharon, and Iain for drinks which was fun.
On Sunday, I went shopping for a dress as I have to go to my cousin's wedding soon. And then on Monday, I went to Harrods and shopping again. So that was my trip in a nutshell basically.
Wimbledon was fabulous though - everything I thought it would be!
So for Canada Day, we went to an Aussie pub. It was OK, but not great. Firstly everyone there was really young and secondly there weren't as many people as I thought. So it wasn't great. And I kept thinking that Canada Day should be about BBQs. But I got my wish because the next day I went to a BBQ party which was great. We also watched Live Aid and generally had a good time.
On Sunday we went to a hurling match, which was fun. It was Kilkenny against Wexford and Kilkenny won! Yeah!
I am going to Oxegen tonight. It's a big music festival and basically you have to camp. Ask me why I'm going? Can you imagine portaloos for 3 days? Yikes! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home